Taken in total, Louisiana’s energy industry supplies:
– $1.5 Billion in state taxes (FY ‘13)
– $20.5 Billion in Household Income
– A total boost to Louisiana’s treasury of $2.9 Billion
The Bayou Bridge Pipeline is Sourced 100% with Pipe Made in the United States
- Approximately 88% of the pipeline, including the entire crossing of the Atchafalaya Basin, will parallel existing infrastructure such as other pipelines, power lines and roads.
- The project will reduce truck, rail and waterborne crude oil transportation, which will increase the overall safety to the public and the environment.
- The project will provide long- and short-term economic benefits to areas affected by the project via the consumption of goods and services.
- Across all agricultural lands, wetlands and the Atchafalaya Basin, the pipe will be buried a minimum 48 inches.
- The pipeline will install buoyancy control devices, such as concrete pipe coating.
- Bayou Bridge is committed to restoring 100% of any affected area – at the company’s own expense – if there are any impacts from construction or during long term operations.
Meet Energy Transfer Partners
America uses 800 million gallons of petroleum every day. At Energy Transfer Partners, we’re proud of our role in developing the latest in pipeline technologies, to bring energy to American homes and businesses. We safely operate more than 70,000 miles of pipeline, with a company priority to build with American materials, American workers, and American ingenuity.
A Message from the Louisiana Propane Gas Association:
The Bayou Bridge Pipeline will serve as a critical addition to Louisiana’s energy infrastructure system. The Louisiana Propane Gas Association fully supports its construction and operation – and we encourage you to join us.